What is TikTok?
- TikTok is a global video community powered by music. Whether it’s dance, free-style or performance, creators are encouraged to let their imagination run wild and set their expressions free. Designed for the global creators, TikTok allows users to quickly and easily create unique short videos to share with friends and the world.
- The popular Musical.ly app has been rebranded as TikTok. The app was acquired by Chinese company ByteDance in November 2017 FOR $1 billion, which absorbed Musical.ly into its own TikTok app.
- 500 Million MAU
- No. of Installs till date: 800 Million
- Percentage of Users on Android: 80%
- App Opening Rate: 28.56%
- Tik Tok has a stunning DAU/MAU ratio 1 of 57%. The ratio is a measure of stickiness. Users also spend about 52 minutes on the app daily. That is A LOT of 15-second videos. (https://factordaily.com/anatomy-of-tik-tok-the-viral-video-app-from-bytedance/ )
- Ref URL: https://expandedramblings.com/index.php/musically-statistics/
TikTok In India
In the Indian market, Indian celebrities like Tiger Shroff, Shahid Kapoor, Disha Patani, Jacqueline Fernandez, Tanmay Bhatt have already picked up this trend and are hence a part of the TikTok journey. And as of February 2018, it has reached a milestone of 15 million registered users in India alone.
According to Survey Monkey, Users spend 11.5 minutes’ in creating and watching content on the app each day.
Who are on TikTok?
The biggest target audience available on TikTok is Gen Z consumers. They are hyperactive social media users who leverage platforms as tools to learn about new products and make purchasing decisions.
Consider the digital proximity they share. In a feed, influencer posts mix seamlessly with posts by friends. Gen Zers often see influencers’ updates on a daily basis and may turn to them for inspiration. Influencers are able to be hyper-present in their lives, especially since 45% of teens are “almost constantly” online.
TIKTOK FOR MARKETERS?
Guess launches #InMyDenim viral campaign on TikTok which shows that we are not alone who are thinking of or already marketing on TikTok.
Fashion brand Guess partnered with TikTok, the short-form mobile video platform that merged with and replaced Musical.ly, on a viral campaign targeted at millennials and Generation Z. As TikTok users open the app, they are directed to the #InMyDenim challenge that urges them to post videos with the hashtag, according to a press release.
The #InMyDenim hashtag challenge marks the first promoted hashtag challenge on TikTok in the U.S. and the official launch of the app’s U.S. brand partnerships program, and runs Sept. 1-6. Guess is promoting the challenge with the support of popular content creators including @ourfire, who has 2.3 million followers and @madison_willow, with 983,000 followers, among others.
Also, the influencers on TikTok are relatively naïve wrt other social media platforms in negotiations so the marketing cost is much lower.
How to work with these new influencers?
- Make your marketing campaign a game
- Let them be the creative directors
- Funnel traffic to other channels
- Know your audience
- Develop partnerships with influencers
- Make use of multichannel networks (MCNs)
- Get into gaming before it’s too late, Gen Z is the future
Helpful guidelines to take note of before starting a campaign targeting Gen Z on TikTok.
- What is currently trending online?
- Is your content innovative and does it promote interaction?
- When it comes to product pitching, is the content easily understood and to the point, and does it provide a visual experience?
- Is there a continuous dialogue and interaction between the content creators and their audiences?
Gen Z —-> Upcoming Workforce
- With their spending power increasing as they go into the workforce, the tech-savvy younger generation is becoming an extremely powerful consumer group.
- Focusing on Gen Z now will get us the right exposure as well as the revenue in upcoming quarters.
if you need any help in Influencer Marketing on TikTok, Kindly connect with Team Sarvotarzan.
TOP TIKTOK Influencers IN INDIA
|Artists||NUMBER OF FANS|
|1||AASHIKA BHATIA||4.88 MILLION|
|2||AVNEET KAUR||3.62 MILLION|
|3||HEER NAIK||3.51 MILLION|
|4||MANJUL KHATTAR||2.96 MILLION|
|5||DISHA MADAN||2.72 MILLION|
|6||AHSAAS CHANNA||2.62 MILLION|
|7||NAGMA MIRAJKAR||2.52 MILLION|
|8||AWEZ DARBAR||1.82 MILLION|
|9||MANAV (MR.MNV)||1.72 MILLION|
|10||RISHABH PURI (THE MUSERKING)||1.63 MILLION|
|11||MRUNAL PANCHAL||1.62 MILLION|
Profiles of Some More TikTok Influencers Profile who can help in a minimum cost.